(a) No (b) one (c) two (d) infinitely many
2. For a pair to be consistent and dependent the pair must have
3. Graph of every linear equation in two variables represents a ___
(a) point (b) straight line(c) curve (d) triangle
4. Each point on the graph of pair of two lines is a common solution of he lines in case of
(a) Infinitely many solutions (b) only one solution (c) no solution (d) none of these
5.The pair of linear equations is said to be inconsistent if they have
(a) only one solution (b) no solution (c) infinitely many solutions. (d) both a and c
6. Find the value of k so that the equations x + 2y = – 7, 2x + ky + 14 = 0 will represent coincident
7. Give linear equations which is coincident with 2 x + 3y - 4 = 0 Find the value of K so that the pair of
linear equations :
(3 K + 1) x + 3y – 2 = 0
(K2 + 1) x + (k–2)y – 5 = 0 is inconsistent.
8. Solve for x and y :
by 3 cm. The area remains unaffected if length is decreased by 7 cm and the breadth is increased by 5
cm. Find length and breadth.
10. A no. consists of three digits whose sum is 17. The middle one exceeds the sum of other two by 1. If the digits are reversed, the no. is diminished by 396. Find the no.