Friday, May 06, 2011
Math Adda CBSE TEST PAPER-02
Chapter 1. Real Numbers
1. Express 156 as a product of its prime factors.
2. Find the LCM and HCF of 17, 23 and 29 by the prime factorization method.
3. Find the HCF and LCM of 12, 36 and 160, using the prime factorization method.
4. State whether 6/15 will have a terminating decimal expansion or a non-terminating repeating decimal.
5. State whether35/50 will have a terminating decimal expansion or a non-terminating repeating
6. Find the LCM and HCF of 192 and 8 and verify that LCM × HCF = product of the two numbers.
7. Use Euclid’s algorithm to find the HCF of 4052 and 12576.
8. Show that any positive odd integer is of the form of 4q + 1 or 4q + 3, where q is some integer.
9. Use Euclid’s division lemma to show that the square of any positive integer is either of the form 3m or 3m + 1 for some integer m.
10. Prove that 3√2 5 is irrational.
11. Prove that 1/√2 is irrational. (3 marks)
12. In a school there are tow sections- section A and Section B of class X. There are 32 students in section A and 36 students in section B. Determine the minimum number of books required for their class library so that they can be distributed equally among students of section A or section B.
CBSE BOARD EXAM SPECIAL