Friday, May 06, 2011
CBSE TEST PAPER-04
Chapter 1. Real Numbers
1. Express 5005 as a product of its prime factors.
2. Find the LCM and HCF of 24, 36 and 72 by the prime factorization method.
3. Find the LCM and HCF of 96 and 404 by the prime factorization method
4. State whether 64/455 will have a terminating decimal expansion or a non-terminating repeating decimal
5. State whether15/ 1600 will have a terminating decimal expansion or a non-terminating repeating decimal.
6. Find the LCM and HCF of 510 and 92 and verify that LCM × HCF = product of the two numbers.
7. Use Euclid’s division algorithm to find the HCF of 196 and 38220 (3 marks)
8. Use Euclid’s division lemma to show that the cube of any positive integer is of the form 9m,9m + 1 or 9m + 8
9. Show that every positive odd integer is of the form 2q, and that every positive odd integer is of the form 2q + 1, where q is some integer
10. 10. Show that 3√ 2 is irrational.
11. 11. Prove that 3 + 2 √5 is irrational.
12. A sweet seller has 420 kaju barfis and 130 badam barfis. She wants to stack them in such a way that each stack has the same number, and they take up the least area of the tray. What is the maximum number of barfis that can be placed in each stack for this purpose?
CBSE BOARD EXAM SPECIAL